It’s a fact, if you want to get in shape, you have to work out. But not just any workout will do.
Finding the right type of exercise for your specific fitness goals is one of the most important things that can help you achieve success.
A few minutes each day of daily workouts will go a long way towards helping you achieve your fitness goals.
A lot of people who want to get in shape don’t know how to. They go to a gym and try a few things, but they don’t have the time or knowledge necessary for something more intensive.
This article will talk about 30-day wellness challenges that can help you reach your workout goals.
Daily workouts generally range from 10 to 30 minutes per day and can help keep your metabolism, improve muscle strength and help increase your energy throughout the day.
Plus, these at home daily workouts do not require any equipment or studio membership fees.
Below, you’ll find a list of exercises you can incorporate into your daily workouts and 30 day wellness challenges and get started today.
Table of Contents
- Workout 1: Jumping Jacks
- Workout 2: Mountain Climbers
- Workout 3: Jump Rope
- Workout 4: Side Plank
- Workout 5: High Knees
- Workout 6: Burpees
Workout 1: Jumping Jacks
Jumping jacks are an easy way to get your heart pumping right away.
They’re also a great form of exercise for beginners because they don’t require any special equipment, you can do them anywhere, and they only take about ten minutes.
- Start by standing with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Keeping the weight in your heels, jump and split your legs while swinging both your arms in and out in the same fashion as your legs.
- Repeat this for 30 seconds to a minute before taking a short rest of 15 seconds or so. Jump right back into it.
As you get stronger over time, add an extra five reps every week until you reach 50 reps per set.
Workout 2: Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers’ workout works best when you can get yourself to a place where you feel comfortable exerting maximum energy in short bursts.
A few examples of this include climbing stairs, running hills, or doing jumping jacks on an incline (if possible).
- Start by getting into a push-up position with your arms straight and your body elevated off the ground so that only your toes and hands are touching the ground.
- Now, pull your left knee towards your chest before switching to the other leg and repeat this motion at a quick pace for 30 seconds or so (or however long you can). It’s just like running in place, only with a pushup position involved.
- Rest for 15-20 seconds before doing another set. Repeat until you’ve completed two sets total.
Add five reps each week until you get to 50 reps per set for this workout as well.
Workout 3: Jump Rope
While this may seem like a kids’ workout, jumping ropes is a great way to improve your cardiovascular fitness and strengthen the muscles in your calves.
Jumping rope is also easy on the joints as long as you don’t do it for hours at a time.
If you’re doing this for the first time, start by jumping into that traditional stance: left foot forward, right foot back (or vice versa if you’re feeling like switching things up).
Once you’ve gotten familiar with jumping as the rope approaches your feet, try jumping with both feet together.
Try for 50 jumps in 30 seconds before taking 15-second breaks between sets. Once you get comfortable jumping rope, increase the duration of the workout.
In the third week of the 30-day wellness challenge, you should be comfortable enough to spice things up a bit.
Now, jump once with both feet together then immediately switch so that your opposite legs are doing this at exactly the same time – we’re talking milliseconds here people.
It may sound tough at first, but trust us, once you master the art of rope jumping, it’s the easiest road to burning calories. Add five reps each week until 50 reps per set.
Workout 4: Side Plank
Side planks work wonders at strengthening your core and tightening up all of those muscles along the side of your body.
This workout is most effective when you can do it without losing balance, so make sure that you’ve mastered some other foundational moves (ex. pushups) before trying out this one.
- Start by laying on your side with the bottom elbow directly under the shoulder.
- The feet should be stacked up so that one is on top of the other.
- Keep this position for 30 seconds before switching sides to work out different muscles in the body.
Add five reps each week to reach 50 total reps within a set time period by the end of the 30-day wellness challenge.
Workout 5: High Knees
High knees are a great workout for your legs and glutes, so after you’ve been doing this one non-stop for a few weeks you should have no trouble whatsoever with squats or any other type of leg lift.
- Start by standing tall and extending your arms out in the air.
- Lift up your leg to touch the fingertips of the arm you’ve extended out.
- Alternate between legs and pace the exercise up so essentially, you’re doing a bit of both- jumping and cycling really high.
Workout 6: Burpees
Whether it’s in boot camp or CrossFit training, burpee exercises are being performed by athletes and everyday gym-goers all around the world.
The interesting thing about burpees is that if done correctly (and not for hours at a time) they are actually an amazing workout that’ll get you fit in no time.
- Start by standing tall, then drop down to a squat position with your hands on the ground so you look like a frog hopping around.
- Jump up and extend the arms outwards at shoulder height before landing back into another squat position (so if done correctly it should look like a frog, then an airplane).
Perform this exercise slowly at first until you get used to the motion.
Increase your pace with each day so you can perform more burpees in a shorter period of time.
The goal is to be able to do 50 reps in each set by the last week of this 30-day wellness challenge.
Note: Make sure to take 15-second breaks between sets when it comes to all of the exercises mentioned above.
These are just some examples of daily workouts you can do during a 30-day wellness challenge that can help tone the whole body without any equipment necessary other than a jump rope.
If done daily, these exercises can help improve muscle tone, lose weight fast without expensive equipment needed, increase metabolism by over 40% which leads to more energy throughout the day from burning calories faster than normal during workout sessions.
Following these simple daily workout routines everyday will put muscle mass on your body which means you’ll get stronger over time, and get to the point where doing even the more advanced workouts such as split jumps or frog hops would feel like a piece of cake.
You Might Also Enjoy: 30-Minute Chest Workout With Dumbbells (At Home or in the Gym)